I’m excited to share a book subscription box with you that is a bit different than others out there. By joining Literati, you will have an all-access membership to explore a world of exclusive content, author interviews, and celebrity conversations all in one community. Through the website or their easy-to-use app, you can access interviews with their Luminaries and the authors of the books.
Click HERE to check out Literati
With a total of 17 Luminaries to choose from, there is certainly a book club for every reader. This month includes four new Luminaries for younger readers, especially those in their late teens and 20s. Based on your own interests, you choose a Luminarie that you think is someone whose recommended books you’d like to read. The website offers some of their previous choices so you can get a feel for who might fit best with your reading tastes.
Four new Luminaries (in bold at the top) have been added to the list to choose from this month, especially reaching out to a younger population of readers.
- Tinx – Perspectives from iconic women in pop culture.
- Chloe Lukasiak – Unfamiliar realms and fantasy stories with bold charactres and strong female leads.
- Nicole Laeno – Trending, exciting, in-the-moment books from romance to murder mystery.
- Brynn Elliott – Be empowered by philosphical insight and creative inspiration.
- Megan Rapinoe – Stories that ignore our collective momentum to move forward, and ask the hard questions, to shift for good.
- Joseph Campbell – Ideas and tales that are equal parts familiar and wonderfully peculiar.
- Austin Kleon – Essential reads for leading a more creative life.
- Richard Branson – Books to inspire the adventurous and ambitious.
- Susan Orlean – Exquisite writing and unforgettable narratives you won’t want to put down.
- Stephen Curry – Powerful, underrepresented stories about defying the odds.
- Roxane Gay – Prepare to be intrigued, challenged, and above all, entertained.
- Malala – Emotional stories full of hope, courage, and bold women.
- Cheryl Strayed – Personal journeys rendered into narratives of courage, vulnerablility, and wit.
- Jesmyn Ward – Beautiful prose paired with clear-eyed writing about subjects that matter.
- Kelly McGonigal – Books that bring joy, compassion, and resilience into your life.
- Elin Hilderbrand – Escape into stories as intelligent as they are irresistible.
- Atlas Obscura – Stories that ignite a passion for hidden histories and exploration.
I continued with my Cheryl Strayed subscription even though the book last month, ON EARTH WE ARE BRIEFLY GORGEOUS by Ocean Vyoung was a bit of a miss for me. Cheryl Strayed’s previous book club choices have included FESTIVAL DAYS, THE SALT PATH, MEMORIAL DRIVE, AND THE FINAL REVIVAL OF OPAL AND NEV. Her book choices often include travel and adventure, can be fiction or memoir, and are often emotional and unputdownable.
This month, Chery Strayed’s Literati Book Club choice is WINTERING by Katherine May. It’s a perfect book for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere that experience months of freezing cold weather. Many of us like to hunker down and stay inside as much as possible to avoid the brutally cold weather and days with less light. We find the months of January and February to be months where we can rest, reflect on the previous year, and be hopeful for the year ahead.
Here is what WINTERING is about:
An intimate, revelatory book exploring the ways we can care for and repair ourselves when life knocks us down. WINTERING invites us to change how we relate to our own fallow times. Katherine May models an active acceptance of sadness and finds nourishment in deep retreat, joy in the hushed beauty of winter, and encouragement in understanding life as cyclical, not linear. A secular mystic, May forms a guiding philosophy for transforming the hardships that arise before the ushering in of a new season.WINTERING synopsis via GoodReads
The box includes a hardcover copy of the book, a bookmark, a note from Cheryl Strayed about why she chose this book, and a booklet sharing the other Luminarie choices for the month.
Click HERE to check out Literati
By becoming a member of Literati, you can get access to the following features:
- Access to all Literati Book Clubs
- New book recommendations each month
- Active in-app discussions with thoughtful readers
- Exclusing invites to author Q & As
- Members only pricing on any book
- One curated book, delivered monthly
- Exclusing printed content with each book
- Interactive online group discussion with the Luminarie that chose the book
Join a Literati Luminary book club for $26 a month. Save 20% on a yearly subscription by becoming an annual member and enjoy Literati membership for $22 a month. The membership will be active until 12 books are delivered. Literati Luminary membership includes access to all book clubs in our app.
You could even GIFT a Literati membership for Christmas!!
Your book club’s Luminary will get the discussion started each month in the Literati app. Open your Literati app to dive into a book discussion. Discuss specific chapters or reply to a thread. We also have monthly Ask The Author events, which are held live on YouTube. There are also lots of ways to continue the discussion with other Literati members that are part of your same Luminary book club while using the Literati app.