I’m excited to share a book subscription box with you that is a bit different than others out there. By joining Literati, you will have an all-access membership to explore a world of exclusive content, author interviews, and celebrity conversations all in one community. Through the website or their easy-to-use app, you can access interviews with their Luminaries and the authors of the books.
Click HERE to check out Literati
There are thirteen Luminaries to choose from including athletes, a media/travel company, an entrepreneur, a psychologist, and many much-loved and respected authors. Based on your own interests, you choose a Luminarie that you think is someone whose recommended books you’d like to read. The website offers some of their previous choices so you can get a feel for who might fit best with your reading tastes.
- Megan Rapinoe – Stories that ignore our collective momentum to move forward, and ask the hard questions, to shift for good.
- Joseph Campbell – Ideas and tales that are equal parts familiar and wonderfully peculiar.
- Austin Kleon – Essential reads for leading a more creative life.
- Richard Branson – Books to inspire the adventurous and ambitious.
- Susan Orlean – Exquisite writing and unforgettable narratives you won’t want to put down.
- Stephen Curry – Powerful, underrepresented stories about defying the odds.
- Roxane Gay – Prepare to be intrigued, challenged, and above all, entertained.
- Malala – Emotional stories full of hope, courage, and bold women.
- Cheryl Strayed – Personal journeys rendered into narratives of courage, vulnerablility, and wit.
- Jesmyn Ward – Beautiful prose paired with clear-eyed writing about subjects that matter.
- Kelly McGonigal – Books that bring joy, compassion, and resilience into your life.
- Elin Hilderbrand – Escape into stories as intelligent as they are irresistible.
- Atlas Obscura – Stories that ignite a passion for hidden histories and exploration.
I struggled with choosing from this list as there were several who fit my interests. Susan Orlean, Malala, Cheryl Strayed, and Kelly McGonigal were all high on my list. I eventually chose Cheryl Strayed and am excited to share her November book club choice with you.
Cheryl Strayed’s previous book club choices have included FESTIVAL DAYS, THE SALT PATH, MEMORIAL DRIVE, AND THE FINAL REVIVAL OF OPAL AND NEV. Her book choices often include travel and adventure, can be fiction or memoir, and are often emotional and unputdownable. Because I loved Strayed’s book, WILD, I chose her for my first Literati book club.
The box includes a hardcover copy of the book, a note from Cheryl Strayed about why she chose this book, and a booklet sharing the other Luminarie choices for the month.
Click HERE to check out Literati
Click the video below for a peek at the November Book Choices while visiting the Literati App….
Join a Literati Luminary book club for $25 a month. Save 20% on a yearly subscription by becoming an annual member and enjoy Literati membership for $20 a month. The membership will be active until 12 books are delivered. Literati Luminary membership includes access to all book clubs in our app.
Your book club’s Luminary will get the discussion started each month in the Literati app. Open your Literati app to dive into a book discussion. Discuss specific chapters or reply to a thread. We also have monthly Ask The Author events, which are held live on YouTube. There are also lots of ways to continue the discussion with other Literati members that are part of your same Luminary book club while using the Literati app.
I’m certainly looking forward to checking out Strayed’s choice of ON EARTH WE ARE BRIEFLY GORGEOUS and participating in the discussions. Be sure to check out all the Luminaries as there is truly a book club for everyone.