- We live in a world full of competition.
- We want our kids to be the superstar in sports.
- We want our kids to get the best grades.
- We want to have the best house on the street.
- We want to be skinnier.
- We want to be prettier.
- We wish we had long blonde hair.
- We wish we had gotten the promotion at work.
- We are jealous of this couple’s marriage.
- We are envious of the car our neighbor drives.
I could go on and on with how we try to compare ourselves to others. I am guilty of it on a regular basis. Our society of wants and gotta-have-its only encourage us to constantly compare ourselves to others.
Today, I want you to stop shooting yourself in the foot. I want to you look at the good things happening in your life. I want you to be grateful for everything you have. We all have difficulties, struggles, hopes and dreams. What your friend has or doesn’t have shouldn’t make any difference in how you feel.