Saturday, November 27, 2010
Blessing # 27
November is the time to count our many blessings - name them one by one.
So, I am going to do just that. I am going to take one blessing from each day. Something that really blessed me that day, not just a blessing in general, and write it out here. Sometimes we ignore the little blessings and that is what I am going to look for each day.
Blessing # 27 - Too many blessings today, but I will try to list them because I can't leave a single one out:
1. Ending a 4 day getaway to the Wisconsin Dells with my husband's sister and family.
2. Stopping in Dodgeville, WI on the way home for some Land's End Outlet shopping, eating at a local pub, and stopping at the local bakery for some goodies. I just devoured a creme horn that was DIVINE!
3. Driving west on the highway, we were blessed with a gorgeous sunset full of reds, oranges, pinks, purples, and grey. Just gorgeous.
4. Having awesome friends who took care of our home and cats while we were away!
5. Sitting on the couch drinking coffee and watching some football with the family, even though I have tons of stuff to unpack.
As I have been writing a blessing every day, I am humbled to notice how amazingly blessed my family and I are. I am just so thankful for everything that we have, the people in our lives, our community we live in, our home, and our church. I hope your Thanksgiving weekend was full of family, friends, good food, good football and awesome shopping deals!