Literati is a book club membership like no other. By being a member, you will have an all-access membership to explore a world of exclusive content, author interviews, and celebrity conversations all in one community. Through the website or their easy-to-use app, you can access interviews with their Luminaries and the authors of the books.
Being a member of Literati allows you to be a part of an EXCLUSIVE BOOK CLUB with authors, leaders, visionaries, and YOU! Can you imagine talking about a book with Stephen Curry, Malala, or Susan Orlean? Well, you can with a Literati Book Club membership.
Through the website or their easy-to-use app, you can access interviews with their Luminaries and the authors of the books. There is a luminary for every life and learning interest. In my six months as a Literati member, I have read and discussed books with Cheryl Strayed, Kelly McGonigal, Nicole Laeno, and now this month I chose Susan Orlean as my Luminary.
Susan Orlean is a journalist, television writer, and bestselling author. I really enjoyed her book THE LIBRARY BOOK so I chose her book club this month. Orlean’s Private Collection includes an array of books from her own personal library. She likes to choose heartfelt stories about identity, historical fiction, and creative non-fiction. Some of her past books include TRUST EXERCISE, STATION ELEVEN, ON ANIMALS (her own book), THE ELEGANCE OF HEDGEHOGS, and HAMNET.
This month Susan Orlean chose WE GERMANS by Alexander Starritt as her Literati Book Club choice.
A note from Susan Orlean about WE GERMANS:
Sometimes, the best way to explore a difficult subject is through a work of fiction written in gorgeous prose.
Alexander Starritt approaches former Nazi soldier Meissner’s residual guilt and shame with the deft hand of a brilliiant storyteller. Meissner’s perspective unfolds in a letter to his grandson, immersing the reader in emotional depth, potent history, and profound questions about morality.
The exceptional novel had been on my “to be read” list for some time, and I’m thrilled to finally be able to read and talk about it with you. There is so much to feel and to discuss.
The Literati box includes a hardcover copy of the book, a bookmark, a note from Susan Orlean about why she chose this book, and a booklet sharing the other Luminarie choices for the month.
Check out all the April Book Club Choices:
- Atlas Obscura – A LITTLE DEVIL IN AMERICA
- Austin Kleon – OLD IN ART SCHOOL
- Brynn Elliott – THE PHILOSOPHER QUEENS
- Cheryl Strayed – IAM I AM I AM
- Chloé Lukasiak – THE POPPY WAR
- Elin Hilderbrand – EVERYTHING I NEVER TOLD YOU
- Jesmyn Ward – THE GONE DEAD
- Joseph Campbell – AWAKENING THE SOUL
- Kelly McGonigal – IMAGINABLE
- Malala – DISORIENTATION
- Megan Rapinoe – BROWN GIRLS
- Nicole Laeno – THE SPANISH LOVE DECEPTION
- Richard Branson – PARTNERING
- Roxanne Gay – ANCESTOR TROUBLE
- Stephen Curry – THE MAN WHO LIVED UNDERGROUND
- Susan Orlean – WE GERMANS
- Tinx – INSIDE OUT
Click HERE to check out Literati
By becoming a member of Literati, you can get access to the following features:
- Access to all Literati Book Clubs
- New book recommendations each month
- Active in-app discussions with thoughtful readers
- Exclusive invites to author Q & As
- Members-only pricing on any book
- One curated book, delivered monthly
- Exclusive printed content with each book
- Interactive online group discussion with the Luminarie that chose the book
Join a Literati Luminary book club for $26 a month. Save 20% on a yearly subscription by becoming an annual member and enjoy Literati membership for $22 a month. The membership will be active until 12 books are delivered. Literati Luminary membership includes access to all book clubs in our app.
Your book club’s Luminary will get the discussion started each month in the Literati app. Open your Literati app to dive into a book discussion. Discuss specific chapters or reply to a thread. We also have monthly Ask The Author events, which are held live on YouTube. There are also lots of ways to continue the discussion with other Literati members that are part of your same Luminary book club while using the Literati app.