|Photo taken at Lake Vermillion, Minnesota by Stacie Gorkow|
You have to decide what your highest priorities are
and have the courage
– pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologetically –
to say no to other things.
And the way to do that is to have bigger “yes” burning inside.
–Stephen Covey, author, educator, and businessman
I have started saying “No” so that I can say “Yes” to other things. Even though I am someone who has a huge guilt complex, saying “No” has taken a lot of weight off of my shoulders.
What do you want your days, weeks, and months to look like?
What can you cut out so that you can add something in that refreshes and replenishes you?
Make A Plan:
- Make a list of all the commitments in your life.
- Make a list of things you want to find time to do.
- Prioritize your list of commitments.
- Prioritize your list of things you want to do.
- Now remove and take the steps to remove one or two things off of your commitment list.
- Add in the fun item/items.
- Feel the pressure and stress leave your life!