As a member of the Children's Claritin Mom Crew, I am happy to share with you Back-to-School tips to help your kids feel their best during this high allergy season. I know that when your child is suffering from allergies, their performance isn't going to be what it should be. They are constantly interrupting their learning to blow their nose, sniffle, cough, walk to the wastebasket and start all over again a few minutes later. I've got some tips to share with you to hopefully help make allergy season a little easier for all of you.
Claritin's Allergy Season Tips
1. Be sure to have Children’s Claritin, the #1 pediatrician-recommended non-drowsy allergy brand, on hand!
2. Multi-vitamins are building blocks to having a strong immune system. Make taking a multi-vitamin part of your child’s daily routine.
3. Let there be light! Mold doesn't like sunlight, so try to keep your curtains open during the day. Should be easy during the summer months!
4. Did you know that most pillows trap allergens, dust mites, and bacteria? Monitor the cleanliness of the pillow your child with allergies sleeps on and replace if necessary.
5. Back to school season means lots of laundry for many moms. Be sure to remove laundry from the washing machine promptly. Allowing wet clothes to sit in the washer means mold can quickly grow there.
6. Monitor pollen counts and adjust outdoor before and after school activities accordingly. Dry, windy days can be particularly high in pollen.
7. Showering or bathing at the end of the day as opposed to the morning can be helpful in removing allergensfrom body surfaces and hair.
8. Stay hydrated! Always send your child to school with a bottle of water. Drinking lots of clear fluids through the day can help get rid of toxins and flush out body.
9. Peak pollen production typically occurs in early morning, so try to plan outside activities at other times of the day.
Obviously, not all these can be avoided or kept every single day. Our son is in Cross Country and has to run every day outside after school as well as at early morning meets...sometimes on trails, kicking up dust and pollens. What works best for us is being consistent with our allergy medication. Taking it every single morning during the season helps keep his allergies under control.
These are just a few tips to help ease those who suffer from allergies. For more tips and information, check out www.Claritin.com or www.facebook.com/Claritin
As a member of the Children’s Claritin Mom Crew, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.