Taken from the book Every Monday Matters: 52 Ways to Make A Difference by Matthew Emerzian and Kelly Bozza
Protect Yourself with Internet Safety
1. Create a password that has a combination of upper and lowercase letter, numbers , and symbols for unlocking your computer and for accessing websites. Use a different password for each site.
2. Never use an automatic log-in feature that saves your username and password.
3. Always log off the internet or your computer when you're finished.
4. Avoid storing financial information on your computer.
5. Use anti-virus software and a firewall.
6. Do not open emails sent from strangers.
7. Forward spam that is phishing for information to email@example.com and to the company, bank, or organization impersonated in the phishing email.
These are all great tips and excellent reminders when we are in the internet. Remain cyber-safe by protecting your computer as if it were your wallet. Practice safe surfing and you will be glad you did!